FOTO-IO start to provide photo and video services with ROV in shipyards and ports and anchorage areas.
Beside to our 20 years of experience in Aerial Photography as FOTO-IO ISTANBUL , we have decided to start taking images of the ships underwater for our customers too. To complement the Aerial Drone solutions we offer to Maritime world for many years, now we are pleased to offer the unique Chasing M2 ROV specifically designed for underwater industrial and commercial applications.
The ROV has 8 Vectored Thrusters layout which allows OMNI movement in all directions . With a maximum speed of 3 Knots, it is able to dive to a depth of 100 metres (330 ft) and out to a maximum horizontal radius of 200 metres (660 ft).
For now, we serve at anchorage areas, shipyards and terminals in the Turkiye. We offer complete drone-based Pipe line inspecions, Marine Research and every kind of marine operations that need to film underwater in high quality.
We only need two days’ notice to prepare our equipment and obtain necessary permits from authorities.
Advantages of ROVs VS Divers
- If there is one hour or less to perform an inspection, an ROV can complete the mission much faster than human divers. Divers preparing take longer time to inspect the ship hull than ROV. It is enough only 5 minutes for preparing to dive with ROV.
- Ship hull inspections can be dangerous for divers because a ports, shipyards and anchorage areas are very dangerous places.
- The stronger currents can wash divers into the open sea where they risk drowning specially at Istanbul anchorage areas.
- Diving to 12 meters or deeper to perform ship hull inspections can take a toll on divers’ bodies. Our ROV dives 100 meters without any question.
- There has to be a lot of communication with the divers so that the inspection can be done according to the customer’s needs.
Once the divers are submerged, it is very difficult to communicate with them despite we can broadcast live stream of images from 100 meters deep to our precious customers.
Please feel free to get in touch with us, if you have any question about the ROV and prices of services.
If you would like to know about our ROV’s and how they might be of use to your business or project, please don’t hesitate to contact us for a chat about your particular requirements . We will be happy to listen to your needs and give you the benefit of our many years of experience as a drone operator , photographer and ex mariner.
Discover with us how well-run inspection-class ROVs can do most of the jobs of the marine industry.
Here are some features of ROV- CHASING M2